[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The Donkey Corner #1

Posted By: Stick
Date: Friday, 14 March 2014, at 2:51 p.m.

Starring yours truly, Stick! In order to get Timothy Chow back to BGO and by request of others I'll be posting one of my own blunders (almost) every day. I plan on using current blunders for the most part. I figure I'll play a 7 point match every day and go from there. The generally accepted threshold for a blunder is .080 and for my part I'll try to keep them as large as possible but there will be times I suspect where I post .050 and over errors and consider that acceptable.

I decided that someone may get use out of these matches so I am going to make them available for download to anyone who wants them. I will ++ all of my errors. I will tick the notes feature on any play that I gave any real thought to. (there won't be any annotation in general) On a rare occasion rollouts may appear. I am playing against XGR+ and I am playing to win. This doesn't translate into playing the lowest possible PR but I'm still hoping to play well enough to be accused of cheating.

Any other suggestions of what you might find useful that I can do let me know. Depending on the match I am guessing it will take 30 minutes to an hour every day to do all this. You can feel free to post any of my errors/blunders that I don't chose for that day separately.

My first match I played a 1.86. It was significantly lower (~1.3) before all the + and ++ing which I find to be the norm for a low PR in general.

Match #1

XGR+ doubled me here. Your decision? (in context was what made it interesting to me)

White is XG Roller+

score: 0
pip: 111
7 point match
pip: 137
score: 2

Blue is Donkey Corner
XGID=-----AEACA--cB--bcBcb---b-:0:0:-1:00:2:0:0:7:10
White on roll, cube action?

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.10

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.