[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Rollout

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 16 January 2007, at 9:14 a.m.

In Response To: OLM Monday Jan. 15th (Stick)

It sure is tempting to make your own five point here. If you get away with it your structure will be significantly improved. IF. The race is even (it's always a racial issue with me, just happens this play fell on MLK day too, coincidence!?) so getting a third checker sent back is a significant loss. On top of that it's not just that particular blot, it's the other two blots you have floating around deep in my home board. While I won't be overanxious to attack that deep, I may have to with certain rolls and in these variations a blot in your inner board will be real weakness.

If you play the safe + patient play you should naturally make the 4 or 5 pt. in the future without having to leave a direct shot. The 9 pt. doesn't go particularly well in conjunction with the 3 pt., but as mentioned, you'll happily break that point & use those builders to make the 4, 5, or bar points. I didn't extend this rollout any further because I saw Lucky's rollout and it was already stat. sig. anyway.

Match to 25, White leads 9 to 8
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

# Ply Move Equity
1 R 13/9 6/3 -0.328
0.4% 10.7% 41.5% 58.5% 16.6% 0.8%
95% confidence interval: - money cubeless eq.: -0.232 ±0.023. Rollout settings: Full rollout, 324 games (equiv. 10855 games), played 3-ply (precise), seed 1, with race database.
2 R 9/5 8/5 -0.381 (-0.053)
0.4% 11.4% 40.2% 59.8% 18.7% 0.9%
95% confidence interval: - money cubeless eq.: -0.274 ±0.023. Rollout settings: Full rollout, 324 games (equiv. 12194 games), played 3-ply (precise), seed 1, with race database.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.