[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

clock rules – Mochy & Loero did a pretty good job.

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Monday, 2 February 2015, at 5:48 a.m.

In Response To: clock rules (Bob Koca)

UBK wrote: I noticed: i) clock is not on side of bear off ii) both hands being used iii) illegal plays which effectively resulted in a player getting more time to think about the play iv) clock being hit before play is completed.

Under severe pressure, I thought both Mochy and Loero handled things pretty well. Although I agree with most of Bob's points, I thought the infractions in this match were tiny compared to what I commented on in last November's match between David Presser and Paul Magriel.

The one glaring exception was an instance where Loero made an illegal move, and the clock had to be stopped in order to explain it to him. I'm okay with that, but after an explanation has been made, I thought the rule was to reset the checkers, restart the clock, and run off the delay before a player is allowed to make a legal move. That did not happen. At the time, Loero had only 3 seconds of bank time remaining, so he benefited enormously.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.