[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

10-10/11, they started with 11 and 21 seconds clocktime, and played 30 minutes

Posted By: Sean Garber
Date: Sunday, 8 February 2015, at 5:00 p.m.

In Response To: 10-10/11, they started with 11 and 21 seconds clocktime, and played 30 minutes (Daniel Murphy)

Daniel posts above that: Gnubg 2-ply Snowie-equivalent error rates: Loero 9.87, Mochy 31.51.

2015 Texas Backgammon Championship, Loero-Mochy, Round 2, partial.

First, Daniel calls the gnu error rate "partial". Does this mean for the last game only? Unless told differently, that is what I am assuming.

I XGed the whole match. I have done no full rollouts so far. PRs for the whole match--Mochy 5.41 Loero 8.92 (Mochy had his normal 1.95 going after game 11). PRs in the last game Mochy 12.68 Loero 15.21. If indeed the 9 & 31 gnu error rate numbers above are for the whole last game, I think it means that gnu 2-ply just doesn't have a clue for this particular game. Also, Mochy, according to XG, still outplayed Loero by about the same margin in the last game compared to the entire match. Since each player made 108 moves in the last game and PR is a per move number, Mochy gained more total equity playing the way he did in the last game than he would have playing normally, on average. Perhaps Mochy would have been better off playing the whole match in this fashion.

Also, my gut instinct says that if someone did do full rollouts on the last game, Mochy's PR would get significantly better. For example, XGR+ gives Mochy a .146 error on move #68. His play may have been the best move. This of course is just conjecture, but I do think I am right here.

Hey--This is my very first bgonline post.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.