[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

10-10/11, they started with 11 and 21 seconds clocktime, and played 30 minutes

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Sunday, 8 February 2015, at 6:26 p.m.

In Response To: 10-10/11, they started with 11 and 21 seconds clocktime, and played 30 minutes (Sean Garber)

Sean Garber wrote:

Hey--This is my very first bgonline post.

Welcome!

I think it means that gnu 2-ply just doesn't have a clue for this particular game.

I agree. I'd say the same of XG. It might be less clueless but it's still clueless about snakes.

Since each player made 108 moves in the last game and PR is a per move number, Mochy gained more total equity playing the way he did in the last game than he would have playing normally, on average.

PR isn't a per-move number; it's roughly speaking a "per-decision" number, where a "decision" has a very complicated definition.

Also if you're going to try to cancel out equities in this way, you should be using match-winning chances rather than PR. PR is mathematically ill-behaved and subtracting one from the other leads to meaningless results.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.