[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Illegal moves & delay time

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Monday, 9 February 2015, at 11:43 p.m.

In Response To: My apologies (neilkaz)

In your post, Neil, you mention something I thought was in the rules: “Let's say we enforce a rule that says that bcuz I made an illegal play, I have to let my 12 sec. delay time run out and then move.”

When I mentioned this in a post about the Mochy-Loero match, Martin checked the ABT Clock Rules (a.k.a., U.S. Clock Rules), and reported that he could not find such a rule.

Would you mind explaining the history of this rule? I, for one, think it should be generally adopted, even where legal-moves are being played.

As to your question, “What if someone less scrupulous has just a few seconds left and incorrectly screams, ‘illegal’ and stops the clock, gaining a precious few seconds to think about the cube, count pips or to think about how to play a few of his possible rolls?,” you may have found a loophole. If, in fact, there is no illegal move, perhaps we should run off his delay rather than his opponent’s. That may be the implication you intended in your hypothetical.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.