[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Wow, this is the best post of the year here!

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Tuesday, 10 February 2015, at 12:14 a.m.

In Response To: What I thought over the board when I double slotted (long) (Mochy)

I am so surprised that no one has replied. OK I'll toss in my thoughts.

First of all, bravo to Mochy for sharing his thoughts and experiences in this amazing game. As you describe your opp, I am amazed that he didn't time out in this game. It just goes to show you how difficult it is to cause a time forfeit using delay clocks! As for playing 61$ after 61P, your only goal is to win the game and match by any fair means. This wasn't the Dual Duel, PR doesn't matter, and the fact that XG will wreck your PR playing a snake doesn't matter.

As for your 22, you are correct that it is much better to make the 20 pt. Indeed, I expect your opp's plays will then be more difficult, and you're less like to have to worry about some kind of snake game. How well, can you play a snake vs 2 checkers back in extreme time pressure? Playing for a deep backgame to me, makes it more likely that you time out or make errors due to no time to think when trying to proceed forward after having many checkers back. After making the 20 pt, you often end up with a reasonably timed 532 or 531 game with great chances.

As for your 51, I'd trust MCG. I agree that you keep the 5 and 6 pts and just start moving the outfield checkers towards home as you can, while of course, trying to block escaping super jokers.

As for your 52 in the bearoff, we all know that you know better. Time pressure has gotten the best of me as well and contributed to a 0.15 blunder vs Petko that cost me the match in the 1st Faster Masters in Charlotte.

.. neilkaz ..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.