[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My apologies

Posted By: Robert Wachtel
Date: Tuesday, 10 February 2015, at 2:59 a.m.

In Response To: My apologies (neilkaz)

Neil,

I have to correct you. As you were making your play, I said "Whoa,Whoa, Whoa." Afterwards, when you rolled boxes in the Crawford game (and went on to win) I said "Woe, woe, woe."

As you observe, there are lots of clock-related issues that may or may not be covered by the present rules. For instance: since you have every right, according to the rules, to shuffle your checkers any way you like (and I am sure you don't have to shuffle them "legally") before actually making your move and hitting hitting the clock, what right do I have to interrupt you in the midst of using your visual aids? I actually don't think I was within my rights to say anything until you hit your clock. Do you agree?

Another related issue: are there any times (aside from a game's end) when one player is allowed to stop his own clock or start his opponent's clock? Let's say you make an illegal play and I want to call you on it. Am I allowed to stop my own clock? Don't I have to call the director to do that?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.