[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What I thought over the board when I double slotted (long)

Posted By: Phil simborg
Date: Tuesday, 10 February 2015, at 4:19 a.m.

In Response To: What I thought over the board when I double slotted (long) (Mochy)

It was the most exciting game and match I have ever seen as I was sitting close to Mochy and didn't know what was on the clock until later. I was set to play the winner and a part of me really wanted Mochy to win because I wanted the honor of playing him. At the same time you can't blame me for thinking I would have a better chance if my semis was against someone I had never heard of.

As the game progressed the time on the clock got communicated to all of us around the board and the crowd grew very large as we watched the greatest player alive make what seemed to be crazy moves just to kill time.

When he snaked the game by first giving up his 5 point and then his 6 point I cannot tell you how stunned I was and I could see the same reaction from others watching. And Mochy had to make these decisions in split seconds. How many people in the world would think of those plays even if they had lots of time to consider that strategy.

Right or wrong or work or not, it is clear that Mochy has guts and confidence beyond any player I have ever seen. My respect for him for being willing to make such drastic decisions and take such major chances, knowing full well he could throw PR out the window, was nothing short of courageous. And to put it more simply, it was really fun!

Like passing on the one yard line, had Mochy won that game, and he was inches away, he would have been as much of a hero and legend as Seattle would have been had their outcome been better.

To me the hero is the one who has the guts to make the tough call in the heat of battle--whether it end up succeeding or failing is anecdotal.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.