[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Neil's errors in OLM play

Posted By: christian munk-christensen
Date: Tuesday, 10 February 2015, at 4:20 p.m.

In Response To: Neil's errors in OLM play (Bill Riles)

I appreciate and enjoy Neil's contributions on this forum as much as anyone.

I consider Neil a formidable player, in fact among the best in the World.

However, I fail to understand why it is such a crime to be skeptical about a 0,3 PR average sustained over 3,5 long matches. This PR average is unheard of.

Those who believe that anything is possible as long as you have sufficient time are wrong. In some position types you can work out the correct play, while in other position types you just have no way of knowing what is the correct play. You will have a good idea about which things to consider in your analysis but even after completing your analysis, you'll still be guessing between 2 or more candidate plays. To make the correct guess between the plausible candidates every time in 3,5 long matches is unlikely. It is also unlikely that you're never faced with a tough decision where you have to guess, I just don't think that it is humanly possible to reach such a deep understanding of the game.

I am sure that Neil is reading this thread. I recommend that Neil clears the air by clearly stating if he has managed to play so well with or without support from the bot.

If Neil comes out and states that he did in fact use a bot, then all is good. I don't think it's a crime to use bot guidance when doing an exhibition match with no money, rating or prestige on the line.

I think it is much more problematic to stay silent and lead people to believe that it is possible to sustain a 0,3 PR average over almost 4 long matches. Having a guy play 0,3 PR makes all those world class players who can only manage a 3 look like incompetent players and that is not fair.

If Neil comes out and states that his PR of 0,3 was achieved with no bot support, then I will choose to believe that because I respect Neil. I will be utterly impressed and will then wait for other top players to reach the same level shortly.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.