[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Neil's errors in OLM play

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Tuesday, 10 February 2015, at 10:24 p.m.

In Response To: Neil's errors in OLM play (christian munk-christensen)

I understand that I ticked you off (and likely others too) which wasn't my intention.

No, you're wrong. "ticked off" implies that I'm somewhat upset. I am far beyond that. I think the things you've said and implied are absurd and ridiculous.

You keep hiding behind these aphorisms:

• I'm entitled to my opinion.
  • It's a difference in language.
  • It wasn't my intention.

All of that is total crap.

CMC: I hope we are all entitled to have our own opinion about different matters

Do you think it's ok for me to assume that you are verbally abusive to your family? After all, you've accused people of things in this thread that you have absolutely no proof of. So maybe it's ok for me to presume that you do things in your private life that I have no proof about, simply because I'm entitled to have my own opinion.

It's one thing to have an opinion about the limits of human achievement in backgammon. Then somebody comes along and does something that you think is outside of what you think is achievable. There are two possibilities:

• The person in question is a cheater.
  • You were wrong about those limits.

In the absence of any other information, the first is always a real possibility. But are you aware of reputation of the person whose character you are assassinating? I think you are aware. Because you are so sure of those limits, you decided that the only other possibility is that he's a cheater. You decided that being so right was so important, that you'd call into question a guy whose character is above reproach.

You couldn't admit to being wrong, so you had to call somebody a cheater.

All of you who do this -- you should be ashamed of yourself. If your first reaction is to label somebody a cheater, you have no place in the backgammon world. Forget the backgammon world -- you're just morally bankrupt if you really think this.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.