[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Please follow the thread - The QUESTION is stated last

Posted By: svilo
Date: Sunday, 22 November 2015, at 10:06 a.m.

In Response To: Please follow the thread - The QUESTION is stated last (svilo)

I imagine almost everybody guessed right. The QF and everyhing leads you to the right decision. It is the BareIn move. I would have seen it in my better times. Now I made the double sized blunder.
BTW I claim authorship of two terms: BARE IN - voluntarily bearing in with a slot, BARE OUT - voluntarily leaving a blot when bearing off. Nobody seems to have objected the English. Francois Tardieu wrote a serious article on the "Bare out". BTW Tardieu was French negotiator for the Versailles peace treaty after WW1. Wise men those Tardieux:) I also like better the term "rose split" - for voluntarily opening up two blots in one's otherwise closed board. The latter is usually named banana split - meaning a stupid split. Also using the same words as for a tasty ice cream with a split banana. I think "rose split" decribes the move better - it is beautiful, unexpected and short lasting - a tactical weapon. And the move is not stupid.

What made me write about my blunder is the derivative position

To be continued -

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.