[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

It's about time to change these rules

Posted By: RobertFontaine
Date: Tuesday, 24 November 2015, at 10:13 p.m.

In Response To: It's about time to change these rules (Phil simborg)

A 15 point match s/b sub 3 hours even at DMP with backgames. Watching Giants taking 2 minutes on moves with no alternative play within .04 is silly.

I can't even watch without falling asleep let alone play an opponent like that OTB. This is the ultimate in passive aggression. Boring your opponent into losing.

The current clocks provide for about 5 hours forfor a 15 point match obscene.

Guys like Mochy, (I love you Mochy) will play insanely slow through the shorter matches and lull his opponent into a time crunch and then destroy them at the end because they can't out think him at speed. Then people say, oh look even Mochy doesn't have enough time... When in fact he has too much time.

The passive aggressive's use the clock as a weapon to exhaust their opponents attention through delay tactics.

That is just shitty in so many ways. I have watched most of this season's streams and Vegas is an extreme example of this. Almost every other tournament I have watched this year has been clocked and resulted in fairly reasonable rates of play with the current rules.

No one wants to run out of time so there are only a very few players willing to play speed Gammon at the end, Mochy :).....

When I grow up I want to be Mochi.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.