[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Back of the Ballot - Giant 32 2015

Posted By: Jake Jacobs
Date: Wednesday, 2 December 2015, at 3:48 a.m.

In Response To: Giant 32 2015 (Jake Jacobs)

To all of the folks who have expressed concerns about the back of the ballot ...

Some of you have already discovered that if you submit your information to Carol Joy Cole she does respond. An entirely revamped list won't happen this year, but if you know a player is deceased, if their country information is wrong, or if we missed someone obvious, please let Carol know. I am sure Rick sent her his list of fine players from Iran and elsewhere, and she is surely worrying already about how to fit all of the names in for the 2017 ballot.

As a reminder: the names of the back of the ballot do NOT have special significance. They are not the "Fairly Large 500 of Backgammon." They are there to help you remember names. Like you, we forget some. There is no intricate process nor arcane algorithm used for the list. It is essentially the 2013 list with changes Carol Joy spotted and made, and the rest of us eyeballing it and saying (yawn): "Looks okay." Personally, I'd leave the list off the ballot. It would save the biannual bitching.

Though (playing Devil's Advocate) by listing names on the back it encourages Rick and others to publicize the names of those not on the ballot, which I find more interesting than those listed.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.