[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

USA Contribution to Backgammon

Posted By: Rick Janowski
Date: Saturday, 5 December 2015, at 7:14 a.m.

In Response To: 36% of listed candidates from USA! (Bill Riles)

I should clarify that I think it is very clear the overall USA has made by far the biggest contribution to Backgammon than any other country in the World. This is very obvious from the very high strength of their top players, their analysts and authors. Before the late 90s, a list of candidates where USA had 35-40% of the players would have been perfectly reasonable in my view.

Although USA is still the most dominant nation, in my opinion, other nations have been catching up to a large extent, through improved organisation and due to the availability of commercial bots, which evened the field for dedicated and determined players throughout the backgammon World. Consequently the level of dominance has reduced significantly. I now think that 20-25% is a realistic proportion. which would be about twice the size of any other country and four times the size of all but three other countries.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.