[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Re: 3-2 GNU rollout

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 24 January 2007, at 6:46 p.m.

In Response To: 3-2 GNU rollout (DC-Ohio)

Like I said and as you eventually summed up, I don't care what the rollout says, I made the right play. I didn't give this much OTB thought at all, but had I I still would have closed the board. Playing a strong opponent I thought it was wise to close it up and go for the match. [though I thought not closing it up would win a few less Gs than is noted]

I also have to get it out of my head that :insert World Class Player here: is better than I am when playing. I made a couple of overplays in our match and even here my rational would have been "I'm playing Paul Weaver, shut the board and hope to get it over with" when in fact we played this match at the same strength.

Lastly, if I would have thought before this roll I'd have offered a hedge. A hedge from here is more or less straight math but it never crossed my mind. I'm not a big 'hedger' as everyone in the bg world seems to be but again, playing an equal opponent might as well take it ;)

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.