[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XG does a -0.540

Posted By: HOMINID
Date: Friday, 25 March 2016, at 12:16 p.m.

In Response To: XG does a -0.540 (Timothy Chow)

The supermarket is heaving but my wife and I have managed to struggle through the masses only to come to a grinding halt at the tills. The game starts, there is only two in this queue. Ah say I but that one has three in the queue with little shopping in their trolleys. Yes but one is an old age pensioner and they will be slow. What about that one over there, the operative is fast. Many other immediate observations are made and I win the day. We are doing great winning the race compared to my wife's choice. Dam and blast the red lights gone on, some idiot has selected an unpriced item. I turn round, guess who's smirking?

This is how we mostly play backgammon very little number crunching is done. XG cannot make such observations and will have to take into account as many plays as the system permits. On occasions the choices will be that many that some are missed. This fact will obviously produce errors in the shortcut analysis options kindly provided for individuals with slow computers. If you give XG the legs it will give you the answer even should it take many days.lol.

Very recently a gentleman made a post complaining that the top play did not appear in 32 plays produced by XG. I pumped my play into XG and was congratulated with the top play with a line under it mmmmm. I decided it was politic not to respond to the post.

Mr Chow, I did indeed excommunicate you sometime back. I am still at a loss to understand why you keep harping on about the shortcuts not always producing the goods. With complicated positions the reason is obvious surely. I do not expect you to recant in the near future. Your old post game problems are all brought on by your knee jerk 13/7 8/7, not the best play in my book. Had you played 24/23 21/15 or the pretty 21/15 9/8 my favourite because I understand it, I reckon you would have been on an easy win with the given dice. Please don your virtual sack cloth. Those three plays are battling it out now, trouble is XG slows my fish sim up its asking for 2 days, oh dear so many problems.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.