[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Director's ruling at the Chicago Open...

Posted By: Joe Russell
Date: Friday, 27 May 2016, at 11:40 a.m.

In Response To: Director's ruling at the Chicago Open... (rory)

I think it is a simple ruling. It is a legal move tournament. Clocks were being used. I see two major problems: (1) the player bearing off must roll, play, and hit his clock. If he rolls, plays, and rolls, again, without hitting the clock, it is illegal. He has failed to complete his first turn and the 2nd turn should not count; (2)by rolling and playing and rolling again, without hitting the clock, he has deprived his opponent of his turn, which is also not legal and should have been pointed out by the opponent, since the opponent does not have the option to skip his own turn.

Since the closed-out player admitted he knew what was going on, his choice to skip his own turns was not legal. I would have been tempted to forfeit him, had I been the director, unless I was convinced he was unaware that it was a legal move tournament.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.