[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

+1 you're right

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Friday, 27 May 2016, at 5:09 p.m.

In Response To: Director's ruling at the Chicago Open... (Colin Owen)

Yeah, after giving this more thought and assuming that I was on the rulings committee (there was a committee assembled wasn't there?) I'd have to vote to overturn the time forfeit result. I can believe that the player in question (I now know who he is) didn't realize the extent of the legal move concept and may not have been aware that hitting one's clock after moving when the opp is closed out is part of making a legal move.

However, that does not excuse what really is egregious when playing legal moves. I'd rule to roll the match back as close as possible to the point where the clock wasn't hit. Winning chances won't change very much if we cannot construct the exact actual position when 3 checkers are closed out.

I know I always tell me opp to hit the clock if I notice that they haven't but I don't feel obligated to tell someone playing slowly that he's about to run out of time.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.