[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Two reasons why letting your opponent time-out makes you a rules-breaker

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 28 May 2016, at 2:25 a.m.

In Response To: Two reasons why letting your opponent time-out makes you a rules-breaker (Taper_Mike)

You and Stick have both argued that two or three reminders to punch the clock is all an opponent is "entitled" to have. After that, you claim you have the right to disregard the "legal-moves" status of a tournament.

Where did Stick argue this again? I'm always the last to know.

What I did say is that after reminding someone to punch the clock a couple of times I wouldn't remind them again. What am I doing that is illegal here? They make a move without punching the clock their turn is not over. If I've already reminded them multiple times they can sit and spin. I'm doing nothing illegal. I'm not taking my turn. I'm not rolling the dice. I'm staring at the board until they figure out they have to hit the clock. The same I said with a cube decision. I'll remind them, and remind them again, but eventually I will get tired of telling them to hit the clock when they double me and sit there and once again stare at the position until they complete their turn. Again, I have done nothing illegal.

I also believe I at least hinted at another way I might handle it which is to alert the TD to the issue and tell them to resolve it. That it's not my job to monitor my own match in such detail. Either appoint a monitor, state what the penalty will be the next time they do it, etc...

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.