[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Director's ruling at the Chicago Open... (new info)

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Tuesday, 31 May 2016, at 4:14 p.m.

In Response To: Director's ruling at the Chicago Open... (rory)

I talked to Steve over breakfast and he told me the following details (some of these are already posted, others not):

1) At DMP Steve had a closed board with Michel on the bar.

2) Because of the score Steve was trying to put the minimum number of Michel's checkers on the roof. Michel had several blots spread around and in the process of attempting to tiptoe through the tulips, Steve was using up clock time. As things proceeded, he ended up putting three of Michel's checkers up.

3) In the bearoff Steve rolled a number which forced him to leave a shot. While contemplating how best to play that roll, his clock expired.

4) To enforce Rory's ruling they had to rewind and set a position for the match to be completed. Although backing up to the first roll where Steve failed to hit his clock would have been optimal, Steve said it was impossible to remember what the position of the board was at that time. With that (and possibly other considerations -- maybe Rory will comment) they actually backed up to the position where Steve was forced to leave a blot -- that is the point at which his clock expired.

5) Michel subsequently hit a shot (I don't know if it was immediately or on a later roll) but was unable to contain that hit checker and Steve eventually prevailed.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.