[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Director's ruling at the Chicago Open...

Posted By: walter meuwis
Date: Wednesday, 1 June 2016, at 6:04 a.m.

In Response To: Director's ruling at the Chicago Open... (Colin Owen)

In this hypothetical situation the opponent indeed would wait untill the clock is pressed. This situation, where a player is for example trying out different moves on the board and resetting the checkers to try and see the result of a different move which happens regularly in backgammom as well by rolling a double but also by rolling a normal roll has by my knowledge and even in my own matches occurred multiple times and on multiple occasions resulted in an illegal move as like moving 3 or 5 times with a double and by resetting to a wrong original position when moving the checkers back and from this wrong position moving the checkers according to the roll. It is only after the player pushed his clock that it is the task of the opponent to stop the clock and point out the irregularity after which the original position is reset on the board the clock gets started again and the player can make a legal move, this all without resetting the clock. I also agree with Mike that it would be better if a clear rule for such situations would be made and added to the rulebook since this is indeed a grey zone and open to different interpretations.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.