[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Director's ruling at the Chicago Open...

Posted By: Florin Popa
Date: Thursday, 2 June 2016, at 12:15 p.m.

In Response To: Director's ruling at the Chicago Open... (walter meuwis)

For me is clear that a player should not be allowed to make 2 moves in a row without pushing the clock but most of players don't care so much about this because almost never is critical. Here it happened to be critical and Michel is a very experienced player, I suppose he was aware of the situation. I think is time for players to get educated about pushing always the clock and pointing out immediately if the opponent doesn't do it. In case the opponent repeats the action again the TD sould be called.

I agree with you Walter regarding the fact that reseting fully the clock it could't be right, maybe to let the match to continue with 10 or 20 s on the clock should have been a better solution. Also pushing the clock is part of the game as it is in chess, if you forget to do it some penalty should exist in the same way as for an illegal move, some seconds on the clock looks fair in my opinion.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.