[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Re: Did I blow it ?

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 27 January 2007, at 5:55 a.m.

In Response To: Did I blow it ? (neilkaz)

It depends, what did you do? =) I was sorry to hear you lost, was pulling for you more than anyone else. I was only pulling for 3 people and 1 no show.

I know this is certainly a money double and take. I also know that you know that there is no hope of your opponent passing this, so the only consideration is whether or not it's an actual cube.

The position has some volatility to it, if you POH [+ dance] or hit one of those flyer shots or even just run your back guy to safety you've lost your market. In a tournament of this 'size' I'd actually take the time, if I had it left on my clock, and see how all the rolls played.

• 6-6, 6-5, 6-4, 6-2, 5-5, 5-3 I consider all of these market losers for argument's sake, for a total of 10 market losers
  • 6-3, 4-4, 4-3, 3-3 I consider these very good rolls, possibly market losers depending on what your opponent replies with, total 6 very good rolls
  • If I've counted correctly every other roll is mediocre, some better than others of course, and even things such as 5-4 running all the way + miss by your opponent leads to a market loss but for the sake of simplicity I've labeled the other 20 rolls as mediocre

This seems to be enough volatility to me to push me in the direction of cubing. On to the next question, when does my doubling window open as the leader -3 -4? Shit...I have to go for a few, I'll finish this later, it'll give me time to collect my sad match analysis @ -3 -4 anyway...I"m no match player.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.