[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BG Buddy auto-roll dice

Posted By: Boop
Date: Sunday, 26 February 2017, at 3:16 p.m.

Hi, I’m in the process of adding an auto-roll dice option to BG Buddy and I’d like some advice on a specific scenario.

Firstly, autoroll will NOT be available in money games as it could interfere with settlements.

You dice are automatically rolled when your opponent picks up their dice, if one these conditions is satisfied.

(A)It’s the Crawford Game.

(B)When your opponent owns the cube.

(C)When the current cube value is equal or greater than the points you need.

I’m toying with the idea of displaying the reason for autoroll:

AutoRoll : Crawford Game (A)

AutoRoll : No access to Cube (B)

AutoRoll : Cube is Dead (C for both player)

AutoRoll : You cannot Cube (C)

But consider this scenario where it is post crawford, you are winning 1A 2A and each time your opponent picks up their dice your dice autoroll for reason (C) above.

Question: If the message “AutoRoll : You cannot Cube” is displayed each time, could this be considered a reminder to the opponent that they should consider cubeing? Would it be better not to have any messages for this reason?

I’m reminded of an error I made the other day while watching a match at a local tournament - in my confusion I asked if the game was post crawford, accidentally alerting the trailer to the fact that they had forgotten to cube. I wonder if “AutoRoll : You cannot Cube” is doing a similar thing?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.