[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Who cares what board? I do!

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 27 February 2017, at 2:14 p.m.

In Response To: Who cares what board..... congrats to Victor and Frank..... (Bill Finneran)

First, I care what board they play on!

Second, you are right. Congrats to Frank for winning the open. Frank and Victor are two of my heroes and if you want to know more about either one, go to www.bkgm.com and look at Simborg Interviews and you will see I have interviewed both, and they are both very interesting people, in addition to being great players.

What else do they have in common? They are both fine winners and losers and always bring good will and cheer into the room. That's why they both make my Giants list (and some others don't).

Now, back to the board. I have owned just about every fine board made, and I certainly have played on every one. NO ONE can say what board is better than another, as it is all personal preference. I have loved my Taki boards and Geoffrey Parkers and Zavoral and Erhan and FM boards and Gammoner Boards and for a few years I had a Brazilian that was my favorite. They are all great.

Why is P40 so great, other than the fact that I promote it and have a financial interest in it?

1. For the money, you won't find a board that compares. Other boards with heavy, metal checkers and a really fine playing surface cost much more and have frames and surfaces that will not last and wear like a P40.

2. The P40 people simply sponsor and support the growth of the game and tournaments more than any other company. And giving Victor, and others who win a major event with the P40 a $500 bonus is just another way of saying "thanks for using our products."

Again, you might love a different kind of board, and you are entitled. But I am very proud to be affiliated with a company that makes such a unique and fine product at a fair price and that also gives back so much to the game.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.