[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Observations on the Boston Open

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Tuesday, 28 February 2017, at 7:05 p.m.

In Response To: Observations on the Boston Open (TarHeelFan)

Thanks, Jeb. As usual you have a clear, cool head.

I've been a big supporter (and complimenter!!!) of streaming. I've sent money to tournaments to help pay for it. I've thanked multiple streamers in person. Streaming has its place.

But it's not perfect. People are saying there's a problem with seeing the dice and I agree wholeheartedly. There is a solution. I don't know that I have it, but I'm ready to try and help. In the past I made suggestions. I'm stepping it up and offering to help in both Chicago and Michigan to try and solve the problem. (Sorry, Jeb, but I won't be at the Cherry Blossom.)

Lots of people think streamed backgammon will help grow the game. I agree. I can't speak for the non-players we want to recruit, but I can say that from my PoV, the reason I watch isn't to see the excitement; it isn't to see drama; it isn't to see someone get lucky (but even if the latter it helps to see the lucky roll). I watch to learn, and that is much better facilitated if I can see the dice and think about what I'd play before it's made OtB.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.