[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

RIP Martin Sterel

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 9 March 2017, at 4:19 a.m.

In Response To: RIP Martin Sterel (Stick)

Martin srarted taking lessons with me close to 10 uears ago and when he reached a high level of play, as I do with many students, I told him he needed to take lessons from someone other than me as I have so many students I dont have the time for the personalized, intense lessons required for high open plays. Also, I am simply not a skilled enough player to take a player from 5 PR down to 4 or 3.

So Martin took some lessons from Other BLC teachers including Perry, John, and Stick. In recent months he took many lessons from David Presser.

Martin lived in Amsterdam. He received a law degree and was very intelligent, but because of his health he never practiced law. He spent most of his time studying and playing. He became a great player and I would estimate his avwrage PR was in the range of 3.5. (When he started woth me he was a beginner--i got him down to around 5 and the other teachers, mostly stick and lately david, did the rest.)

He always gave credit to his teachers for his skill and he referred many students to us.

As Stick said, he became a friend. He will be missed.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.