[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New 2018 rules used in Silicon Valley and rulings

Posted By: KenB
Date: Tuesday, 5 September 2017, at 6:57 p.m.

We used the new 2018 rules that were just approved in the Silicon Valley Open and they worked well from my standpoint. I used the following optional rules:

Dice Landing on Checkers Rule: Dice that land on top of checkers are generally valid rolls. Basically, a die can't be supported by a vertical surface, and it can't be falling between the checkers.

Legal Moves Rule: Any illegal play must be corrected if noticed by either player.

I had to make 5 rulings during the tournament: 1. Three times there was a question about a die on a checker being supported by a vertical surface. I used Pat Gibson to assist on these (it can be a very close call) and players accepted the rulings without argument. Thank you players...

2. I had a player pick up his dice to reroll cocked dice that his opponent was not sure or did not notice that they were cocked. I put a monitor on that match and both players agreed that the monitor could point out illegal moves and the match went smoothly after that.

3. I had a player lose on time but he felt that he did not use that much time. The clock was set correctly and neither player remembered it running between games or any other time when it should not be so I ruled that he had lost. He appealed my decision to a committee and it was upheld.

/ken

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.