[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Headphones rule in LA--very good reasons for the rule

Posted By: Phil simborg
Date: Wednesday, 6 September 2017, at 1:26 a.m.

In Response To: Headphones rule in LA (benf)

I can't believe tou people honestly don't understand the reason it is important for a TD to ban headphones. Yes, accusing someone of cheating or not being able to communicate are certainly not valid reasons to stop wearing headphones. But that doesnt mean we shouldn't have this rule.

At first I agreed with you, but then I thought, if the tournament dire tors snd the people who make the rules think it is important to add another rule to the game, even if it might piss some people off and turn some people away, they must have good reasons. See, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. So I gave this more thought and I realized there truly are seceral good reasons why a TD might stop someone from wearing headphones. For example:

1. What if the headphones had bright, flashing lights on them that blinded the other player?

2. What if the headphones had horrible racial or sexual slurs written on them in big letters that maybe one or two people in backgammon might find offensive?

3. What if the player put his headphones on backeards so that the sound blasted out instead of in?

4. What if the player insisted on singing along loudly to whatever songs he was listening to, and he had a really bad voice and really bad breath?

Of course we need a heaphone rule. And while we are at, I am surprised no one has banned those loud shirts people like Neil Kazaross wears. Just look at his win/loss record. Clear proof of how distracting that is to his opponents.

Instead of bitching about new rules that really dont add anything to the game and piss people off, why dont you stop and think that maybe these people in charge have thought of some things you havent yet because of your inexperience or lack of imagination?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.