[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ruling from Chicago

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Wednesday, 30 May 2018, at 8:05 p.m.

In Response To: Ruling from Chicago (Phil Simborg)

Phil says:

Perhaps a better rule would be that if the dice come in contact with any part of an opponent's body, the roll is invalid. That would stop all arguments.

It might prevent injuries, too. I like this idea better than requiring players to wear catcher's masks. I'd add, though, that this means "outside the playing surface".

Seriously, I think that's a reasonable idea for an addition to the rules, and I hope the committee will give it a fair hearing. No need to include the part about players "intentionally" leaving a hand on the board, because that requires the kind of mind reading we want to avoid. I don't think very many players intend to 'crowd the plate' that way, but might carelessly do so from time to time, and I see no need to include a penalty in the rules for it. If they do, though, they can't complain if a die bounces off their hand.

Of course, if they keep a hand on their left side of the board and also use it to take a swing at the opponent's dice from there, regardless of the result--that's going to be called a foul! And after the ruling, that particular opponent will no doubt be instructed in no uncertain terms to keep his grubby paws off the board when it's not his turn.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.