[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

From the mouth of the Director...

Posted By: Florin Popa
Date: Thursday, 31 May 2018, at 12:15 a.m.

In Response To: From the mouth of the Director... (Rory)

I was active in this thread so here are my thoughts. I agree with the fact in case of the die hit the hand by chance the roll should stay for the same arguments you said but in case of intentionality the thing is way different, I don't know if it happened in the past already exactly this situation. A "smart" player could try to bat the dice at any time an opportunity arises and then if it lands on the right side of the board and is a good roll for her she will be ok with your ruling, otherwise can say to the opponent the roll is not valid, most of the players would accept it. I think the rule should be made clearer anyway, not all are aware of the history of ruling or have read this post. Common sense says is not valid, we are discussing about shaking issues and baffle boxes and now it comes that is acceptable to bat a dice intentionally. It could happen also the player who rolled can try to catch the die before it stops roling on the board, this could be a defensive solution, the roll will be invalid for sure.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.