[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Short but obvious summary

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 31 May 2018, at 2:41 p.m.

In Response To: EUBGF_rules_against_US_unRules (TarHeelFan)

1. All rules, no matter how complete, are open to interpretation.

2. All current rules are not written complete enough...still lots of ambiguity, as was the case here. We simply need to keep improving them.

3. It is better to have a single, international set of rules (whether you completely agree with them or not), than for each Federation, director, or group coming up with its own rules.

4. There are two approaches: a) write a very lengthy set of rules that attempts to cover everything, or b) write a condensed set of rules that covers the main rules, and have a comprehensive guide for tournament directors and players with examples that covers the rules and their application in more detail. I have always favored B.

5. Baffle boxes greatly reduce the problems and conflicts with rolling the dice, shaking the dice, keeping them from being cocked or on the board, or creating interference. Yes, they should be mandatory (but I am slightly prejudiced, and I admit it.)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.