[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XG vs XG settings--an alternative exercise

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 13 June 2018, at 4:57 a.m.

In Response To: XG vs XG settings (KenB)

I like to have xg expert playing xg beginner to see what insights I can learn from both sides. I have done this several times and I think the insights are quite valuable.

I noticed that on the opening moves, xg expert would often slot with a 41 or 51 just to insult xg beginner and make a point that it thinks it should play a more complicated game.

Whenever xg beginner won a game, it took quite a while for xg expert to make his opening roll on the next game. It was clearly upset and needed to take a break to get over his shock and embarrassment.

XG expert was often very late giving the cube, particularly in non-contact games, and often lost his market, and of course, xg beginner cubed early and xg expert seemed to grab the cube before it even hit the table, mechanically scoffing at xg beginner.

And I never saw xg expert lose a game without claiming, in the analysis, that xg beginner had a huge luck factor.

Funny how life imitates computers.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.