[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Surprising data - The Top 50 Countries most interested in backgammon

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Tuesday, 10 July 2018, at 2:51 p.m.

In Response To: Surprising data - The Top 50 Countries most interested in backgammon (sebalotek)

Brazil is among the absent here, which may or may not mean anything. When my nephew showed me the COD world map where you can see a dot for each person playing that game at that moment, it had extremely few lighted dots in Brazil relative to their large population (about 2/3 the US). So the pattern may be similar for BG, even though they certainly have some fine players, both home-grown and expat. The denominator is just too large for them to have much impact.

Niue is an interesting guess, Tom. Walter Trice used to fly their flag on Gridgammon, causing me an no doubt other people to look it up and find out where it is. Did that tail end up wagging the dog, producing interest in BG in Niue?

Phil's guess of Japan makes a lot of sense, too. But like Brazil, its population is large (about 1/3 US) so the BG-searching may be a small proportion due to the large denominator.

I'm sort-of-guessing Brazil anyway, but no bet.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.