[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Surprising data - The Top 50 Countries most interested in backgammon

Posted By: sebalotek
Date: Tuesday, 10 July 2018, at 10:18 p.m.

In Response To: Surprising data - The Top 50 Countries most interested in backgammon (Bob Koca)

UBK >> Is it literally "backgammon" or does it include the word for backgammon in other languages also?

Good question - I think it is just the English word 'backgammon'. For my purposes this is fine.

I did some minor exploration of popular localised terms after using Google Translate (so the translations may not be 100% accurate??)

طاوِلة ṭawila طويلة الزهر tawilat alzahr شيش-بيش, sheesh beesh

Anyway these terms did not register enough hits to generate significant data. Perhaps most people around the world are now familiar with and think that using the English word 'backgammon' will bring in more 'hits' than whatever it is called in their local nomenclature?

The localised terms 'tric trac', 'narde' and 'nard' (red, blue and yellow lines) did have enough data to register on the report.. but only just, as you can see from the almost flat lines. I think the volume of searches for these regional terms are very low when compared with searches for 'backgammon' globally (the green line).

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.