[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Surprising data - The Top 50 Countries most interested in backgammon

Posted By: sebalotek
Date: Wednesday, 11 July 2018, at 12:47 p.m.

In Response To: Surprising data - The Top 50 Countries most interested in backgammon (Mochy)

Thanks Mochy.. I added your regional version of backgammon. The hiragana characters すごろく would not work within the embedded code here (I think it's a Google or a BGO bug) so I used Sugoroku instead (with the naked eye, they had an almost identical trend line anyway)

I also searched for what I believe is the Icelandic equivalent (kotra) but I fear that the results for this term were skewed by KOTRA, the very popular state-funded trade and investment promotion organization operated by the Government of South Korea. So I guess most players from Iceland would search for the English term 'backgammon' to get results of relevance to them?

Anyway, from the new graph below, we can see that the term 'Sugoroku' is much more popular globally than a 'tric trac' search (which can be seen as a reference point in the previous graph above)

Searching for Tric Trac is most popular in 1 France 2 Belgium 3 Italy 4 Switzerland 5 Netherlands and 6 Canada

..what is the current backgammon/tric trac scene in Belgium like?

Searching for すごろく is pretty much 100% exclusive to traffic to/from Japan by volume but searching for the equivalent term Sugoroku illustrates some kind of regional hierarchy: 1 Japan 2 Vietnam 3 Thailand 4 Indonesia 5 Australia

..so perhaps a Sugoroku tournament is feasible in Vietnam at some point in the future?

Also Mamabear and Dmitriy - nice tries but it's not Luxembourg, Thailand, Armenia or Georgia

Anyway, this research was just meant to be a rough and ready self-training session to see what basic insights could be garnered from using Google's analytical tools. I'm sure someone with more advanced skills and time could extract even more interesting data..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.