[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Regions with low search volume excluded

Posted By: sebalotek
Date: Thursday, 12 July 2018, at 8:14 a.m.

In Response To: Regions with low search volume excluded (Maik Stiebler)

UBK >> Depending on what time frame is used and on what day one looks the number one may change. Today with a span of 1 year Gibraltar is on top.

MS >> Iceland, Monaco and Gibraltar are actually in the top ten, but disregarded in Sebalotek's list.

Good points - this has been a worthwhile learning experience for me in acquiring/presenting data.

MS - The default settings for Google Trends is to exclude low search volume regions and in my quick and dirty data dump, this is what I downloaded. Also I have no idea of the 'cutoff point' Google uses to differentiate between low search volume regions and higher volume.

On Saturday I will post a Top 50 list with low search volume regions included. BTW Gibraltar grabs the #1 spot in the 'low search volume included' report so props to John Gamalielson :)

Bob - I would be interested to see how timing affects rank/skewing - for example, would Gibraltar still be top if we checked again in 6 months time when the WBGF tournament which is currently being held in Gib is not in progress?

Roadkill - nice try, but not Brunei :)

N.B. The #2 in the low search volume report was the #1 in the initial default report - this was still a surprise to me

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.