[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

a new type of match play--Net Score Gammon

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 12 August 2018, at 3:51 a.m.

I have now played this type of match 3 times, and I find it very interesting and challenging.

You play to see who gets to a given number first...7 or 9 points. But you keep a cumulative score. So if I score 2 points the first game, I have 2 points. And if you score 1 point the next game, I now have 1 point. And if you then score 4 points, you now are plus 3. And the first one to reach the goal wins. We do play with the Crawford Rule.

Both my opponents and I are not sure how to calculate take points and gammon values playing this way. I am sure that there are people on this forum who could do this, and I would very much like to see both a Match Equity Table and a take point and gammon value calculation and learn how it is done.

If you want to have some fun some time, try this variation. It is quite challenging.

I call it Net Score Backgammon. Yes, it does have a negative...a match could go on forever, but none of mine have so far.

Arkadiy and I played a 9 point Net Score Match in Monte Carlo a couple of years ago and it took about 3 hours, but we were both at Match point on several occasions and it was very exciting.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.