[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

making tournament more attractive to money players

Posted By: Bob Koca
Date: Friday, 5 October 2018, at 4:50 p.m.

In Response To: making tournament more attractive to money players (Phil Simborg)

"Because this is different from heads up money play."

Agree, and it might be a fun variant.

"I have tried this, and it is MUCH EASIER for non-tournament players to understand."

I suspect what may be true instead is it is easier for them to THINK they understand it due to just being simply unaware of all the ways the format affects strategy.

"Yes, there is some complications because of the score, and that makes it more interesting and fun."

and later

"but you have no idea how complicated different scores are for non-tournament players; how Crawford and post crawford and gammon go and gammon save and take points and gammon values confuse highly experienced money players who have not played tournaments."

There will be a LOT more complications because of the score. For example say you are leading 10 - 7 and there is time for maybe one or two more matches. What is your take point? This seems a least as difficult as score based decisions in regular match play that you say make some money players not want to play in tournaments.

As a side event, sure it might be interesting. But your basic premise of it avoiding match play complications compared to money play I find extremely dubious and that supposed simplification is why you think money players will like this format.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.