[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Is bgonline.org forums dead?

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 15 October 2018, at 2:20 p.m.

In Response To: Is bgonline.org forums dead? (Bob Koca)

Bob, that's because I have been busy traveling, teaching, lecturing, selling boards, setting up tournaments, training new teachers, and I am reading two new books.

Wednesday I leave for Connecticut and then fly from there to Istanbul for a few days, then to Cyprus, then directly to Las Vegas, then to Palm Springs, LA, and Bahamas.

This has been typical of my schedule for the past 6 months. So I am too busy to post controversial posts here and then fight with people who like to criticize and find fault and complain.

I am certainly not completely responsible for the lack of posts, but I have often contributed greatly to the many controversies and arguments that have made this forum a great place to vent.

So that is another reason I am posting less controversial comments and suggestions recently, expect of course, I do think we should have dice on the checkers, touch-move, instill Crawford at 2away/2away for the rest of the match; have separate side pools for non-giants; reduce the entry fees at tournaments and increase side pool options for those who want to gamble more and therefore make it more affordable for those who don't; eliminate rakes but charge a reasonable hospitality and registration fee so that tournament promoters can cover their costs and make a reasonable profit for their efforts; pay more places and give more points to more places so more people walk away happy from tournaments and stop making the winning prizes so top-heavy; require that TD's be required to pass a test assuring they know the rules and are capable of properly running tournaments; require that tournaments do not offer too many side events that conflict with main events or that they do not allow players in the main events to enter side events so that schedules can be met reasonably; require that the entire world have one set of rules and standards; require one set of dice in all tournaments; require baffle boxes unless both players waive them; require that everyone who plays in any tournament must be a member of his country's federation; require that every tournament have a single place for people to see updated results and brackets and streaming notices; allow intermediate players who are forced to move up to open be allowed to drop back into intermediate after they play 6 open tournaments without cashing; and require every tournament to provide at least one training session for novice players that attend.

So, have fun with these for a while. I'll check back in 6 months and see what people think.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.