[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Non-consulting doubles?

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Saturday, 15 December 2018, at 10:30 a.m.

In Response To: Non-consulting doubles? (Kevin McDonough)

I have played non-consulting doubles many times and even ran a small tournament in Chicago that way. The players alternative every move without consulting. They do consult on the cube, but when they talk about whether or not to double or take they cannot discuss position or strategy or anything that might help strategize moves.

Bob Zavoral and I used to play David Wells and Sakura Wells non-consulting doubles for hours. This way each player truly contributes to the game and I find it a lot more fun than listening to arguments or lessons between the players.

I think this is also a great format for a Pro/Am or where one player on each team must be an Open player and the other an Intermediate.

With consulting doubles the Intermediate pretty much is just a robot moving the checkers, and this way, they are truly both in the game.

And even if you have two equal players, this game is much more fun to me.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.