[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

World Gaming Center (WGC) & Safe Harbor Games (SHG)

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 3 December 2008, at 1:25 p.m.

World Gaming Center and Safe Harbor Games are a couple of sites a few of us in this *tandem* league have played on over the past couple of months.

I'm personally not a huge fan of either of them, but I prefer SHG to WGC but would prefer to play on TMG if I had my druthers. (the only drawback there really being the timer) Still, they've been getting some publicity and I believe they were born after the downfall of Gamesgrid. Someone messaged me yesterday and let me know that WGC should have a large overhaul by the end of the year so that's something to keep an eye on. You can read the thread here.

Neither of them have the ability to resize the board, both seem to be a bit buggy at times when saving match logs, the colors of the checkers & boards are fairly limitied. It's easier to ignore the kibbers chat if they're watching your table on SHG than it is on WGC though it is possible on both. SHG also has a messenger of sorts where you can IM people.

I forget whether one or both said *no foul language* which I then questioned why I was asked to play there but haven't been booted yet. SHG has also given me a special icon and asked me to create a bio that ppl could navigate to if they're that bored. Perhaps they're also working on their software.

I'm sure there are other things I've overlooked but you can check them out for yourself. WGC requires a download whereas SHG does not.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.