[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Rolls and names

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 3 February 2009, at 9:48 p.m.

In Response To: Rolls and names (Christian Munk-Christensen)

Wow.. this is like asking for the name of a poker hand, everything has a name, you just have to find the degenerate who knows it. You are meshing backgammon rolls with names that may have come from other branches of gambling like craps. (snake eyes or little joe are well known outside the bg world whereas lover's leap or the barabino would mean nothing to a craps player)

I have named a lot of the rolls for myself after sports figures, I will leave off my Eric Davis (44), Pete Rose (14), Larry Bird (33) etc.. from the list, but if you have to have a name, I'm sure you can fill it in with a player.

• 66 - boxes, boxcars, the boys
  • 55 - speed limit, nickels, the girls, windows with tits
  • 44 - windows
  • 33 -
  • 22 - ducks
  • 11 - snake eyes
  • 65 - lover's leap
  • 64 -
  • 63 -
  • 62 - call it the Fogerlund to keep it bg related, known as the most common 17-1 shot from the bar, also referred to as a cock shot when it hits on the 8pt
  • 61 -
  • 54 - the Barabino, as you stated, from the bar to make the 20pt
  • 53 -
  • 52 -
  • 51 -
  • 43 -
  • 42 - fortuitous
  • 41 -
  • 32 -
  • 31 -
  • 21 - Little Joe, Little Joe is also used as a hard 4, somewhat confusing, because growing up I was accustomed to a Little Joe being specifically 21 yet at the craps tables it had the meaning of a hard 4 - also known as Acey-Ducey

I will leave off the huge amount of craps nicknames that haven't matriculated to other games, you can view some of them Crap Nicknames

Any doublet will probably be understood as a "hard" 2 4 6 8 10 or 12 though it is more commonly known as "hard 8" than the rest of them. The same can be said of these "easy" numbers, such as an 8 composed of 62 or 53, it's said to be an "easy 8".

There are others I'm sure I'm forgetting offhand and will fill in the blanks when other ppl remind me in this thread.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.