[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Chicago Final

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Friday, 29 May 2009, at 4:37 a.m.

Finished inputting the match and have forwarded to Ray (Larry doesn't use the bots.)

21 games and 3.5 hours -- what a marathon !! Ray got out to 4-1/15 lead, Larry rallied to lead 10-5/15; Ray rallied to lead 14-11/15 Crawford; and Larry came back to win 15-14.

I'll let Ray comment as he may and post any positions he finds interesting.

Wasn't Ray's best match but he significantly outplayed Larry -- Ray was 72% favorite according to Snowie 3-ply evaluation (no rollouts). Luck factor pretty well balanced out with Larry at +3.5.

Ray blew up quite a bit on one significant checker play -- took the whole crew to BK in a bus. But, I will admit, it was an unusual position -- though I saw the key element of the play. It was a semi-blocked 3-3 requiring a shift/point off the home board six point -- top 4 or 5 plays include the shift and various other 3's for the two remaining moves.

Big difference in error rates resulted from cube play as Larry was a little timid to cube (perhaps gunshy after Ray in his usual mode took a questionable cube in the first game and turned it around) and also had several bad passes (trying to protect the lead).

Congrats to both on a good tourney and an exciting final.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.