[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Wanted: Your 2 Cents - US Giants List

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 1 June 2009, at 6:02 a.m.

Since the Giants list was brought up I thought it would be helpful to narrow down the best players in the United States to assist with upcoming voting. There are many spots on the actual Giants list that will be and should be taken by Europeans so I'm trying to narrow the US list to roughly the top 20 players, give or take.

If I have left someone off this list you think should be included by all means, bring them up and state your (their) case. Likely that I thought of them and discarded them. I combed through all the end of the year ABT lists, the Giants list, both current and past, many recent Calcutta sheets, and anyone else I could think of off the top of my head to try to include all US players before pruning.

I am trying to adhere to active/semi active in the backgammon world. You can define that as you like. Also, I'll skip the semantics argument over whether Paul Weaver or the like should be listed as they may not currently be "US" based. I will later post another thread with the top players from everyone's viewpoint and we can try to get a rough consensus of how they should be ranked according to others on the list.

In no order whatsoever are my top ~15-~20 and afterwards is a noteables list. People may have been left off my top ~15-20 list for many reasons, either they're inactive, I don't know their games well enough, or I do know their games well enough and don't think they belong there. Top ~15-20:

• Me
  • Nack Ballard
  • John O'Hagan
  • Neil Kazaross
  • Steve Sax
  • Ray Fogerlund
  • Richard Munitz
  • Chris Yep
  • Bob Koca
  • MCG
  • Paul Weaver
  • Ed O'laughlin
  • Mike Corbett
  • Kit Woolsey
  • Victor Ashkenazai
  • Petko Kostadinov

Many other notables that you may think deserve to be on the above list and I'd love to hear discussion on if you do:

Mary Hickey, Ray Glaesar, Steve Brown, Hugh Sconyers, Perry Gartner, Chuck Bower, Gregg Cattanach, Jeremy Bagai, Malcolm Davis, Paul Magriel, Bob Wachtel, Jake Jacobs, Bill Robertie, David Rockwell, Mike Senkiewicz, Walter Trice, Dana Nazarian, Joe Sylvester, Frank Talbot, Rick Barabino, Howard Markowitz, Bob Glass, Ilia Guzei, George Mathews, Stepan Nuniyants, Norm Wiggins, Art Benjamin, Kent Goulding, Joe Russell, Vadim Musaelyan, Malcolm Davis, Doug Roberts

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.