[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

********* HERE GOES NOTHING ******** US Backgammon Association

Posted By: Rod
Date: Wednesday, 3 June 2009, at 7:01 p.m.

In Response To: American Backgammon Association (Coolrey)

Given that I tend to love the things I do and want to see them become successful and realizing that backgammon in the US suffers from some fundamental problems that no one has been addressing, after about a year of thought, six months ago I established the US Backgammon Association, a 501(c)3 [non-profit] organization, with Rich Munitz and Lynn Ehrlich. I funded it with $5,000 of which $1800 was spent for start-up costs (attorney, filing fees, etc), leaving $3,200 for ideas we had discussed proceeding with. The organization also has the two websites: www.usabga.com and www.usabga.org.

One of the issues is lack of participation among the general population. Rich, Lynn and I made significant headway into the start of a solution to address this problem.

Unfortunately, I have now found myself spending an inordinate amount of time dealing with my divorce issues and can't put the time into it I had hoped and don't know how long I will be in "stasis." I simply can't be the driver I had hoped to be - however, I do have some time for it.

If any (or all of you) are interested in building it out, I would be happy to see it in freer hands than mine. However, rather than simply focus on the admittedly important points Ray mentions, the organization absolutely MUST spend significant efforts on drawing new players to backgammon.

-Rod

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.