[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What a shame...a proper ratings list would really enhance our game (long and opinionated)

Posted By: Rich Munitz
Date: Wednesday, 3 June 2009, at 9:52 p.m.

In Response To: What a shame...a proper ratings list would really enhance our game (long and opinionated) (David Rockwell)

At the NYC Backgammon Meetup group there are no tournaments, it is more casual, but there is an ongoing Challenge Ladder. I had implemented a spreadsheet to compute Elo ratings along with match statistics for all ladder matches that are submitted. These are mostly beginner and intermediate level players but with some high caliber players as well. I can say that the stats generated a great deal of excitement and positive feedback amongst the players. I have been told that the Elo web page generates an unexpectedly large number of hits. There's no way that this has done anything but help attendance. When people feel something is professional and well run, they want to be a part of it, not the opposite.

http://nycbg.com/elo.htm

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.