[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

American Backgammon Association

Posted By: Coolrey
Date: Friday, 5 June 2009, at 1:11 p.m.

In Response To: American Backgammon Association (Chuck Bower)

Great post, Chuck... I agree 100% with everything. I have now read all these posts and it looks like I need to chat with Munitz and Rod and Matt Reklaitis.

Matt is my main man, Richard is a consumate pro, and Rod is "enthusiastic".

Open division only rated... seems cool, might prevent sandbagging.

Everyone starting at the same level. No doubt.

Local tournaments "sanctioned" or included? Vanity would be a problem there... and a tournament where the submittor had bad luck might be more easily "forgotten" than the two he made the finals in.

CHUCK: BTW, when this was discussed a few years back I suggested the easy way to get the raw data is if someone (maybe multiples) volunteers at each Ty to digi-photo the drawsheets. You wouldn't even need to stay until the end, just until cashing is guaranteed. CJC's ABT results (on ChicagoPoint site) finishes the sheet. That way you don't put extra burden on the already overloaded tournament staff.

RAY... GREAT point. Also, if the NABA was to reward directors monetarily for providing statistics alot of the philosophical differences would magically disappear, I think.

This baby may fly... I am gathering stats starting today.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.