[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What a shame...a proper ratings list would really enhance our game (long and opinionated)

Posted By: phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 10 June 2009, at 3:18 p.m.

In Response To: What a shame...a proper ratings list would really enhance our game (long and opinionated) (David Rockwell)

There are many willing to help with the rating and help post and maintain them...so that argument should be thrown out. Here is a copy of an email I received from Eric Barr, co-founder of the US Backgammon League:

"Hi Phil,

Just wanted to say that I really like your ideas that you've sent in the last couple emails. Lower entry fees, spreading the prize money, more points awarded...all these sound great. I hope that Bill and others will adopt some of them.

One idea that occurred to me is that you could start tracking your own point system and/or ratings system "unofficially" based on results of ABT tournaments just to demonstrate to others what the differences would be. I guess that means you'd need to get full results brackets from ABT directors though.

If I can help with anything, let me know. In particular, you mentioned maintaining a Web site. Web site programming is what I do for a living. I built the USBL site, which tracks results, points, and ratings for the USBL. In order to track ratings, every match result must be entered, so we can then output those in neat reports: http://www.usbackgammon.org/playerInfo.php?playerID=1&name=Eric%20Barr&sortdir=ASC&sortby=formatDate So I may be able to help in that area if you need it.

Good luck Phil!"

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.